Sunday, March 2, 2008

The Savior

The day started out in a bad way. Me and Gene got yelled at by Mr. Prud'homme, the substitute just for the summer, teacher for missing dinner. He was especailly mad at us because we missed nine meals in the last two weeks. Insince I have such a good way with words I got us out of being in trouble. I just keep on pressing and pressing until the person who I am argueing to sees the problem my way. "... if Phineas pressed hard enough, that there might be a flow of simple, unregulated friendliness between them, and such flows were one of Finny's reasons for living" (15). That quote is saying that Finny is really good with words because when he starts flowing with words nobody will argue with him. I love the war, I am all for it. The same day i wore a pink shirt that was an emblem of the first bombing in Central Europe. "Well we've got to do something to celebrate. We haven't got a flag, we can't float Old Glory proudly out the window. So I'm going to wear this, as an emblem" (18). Finny is saying that at Dover High School the boys do not have any thing better to show off as an emblem so he is going to wear his pink shirt that his mom gave him. I went to Mr. Patch-Withers, the substitute headmaster for the summer, gathering for tea. I was talking to alot of people about the bombings going on in Europe. Then Mr. Patch-Withers came over and he was listening to me. He interupted me and said what are you wearing. I told him it was my I was wearing this because it showed how much I supported this war and how badly I wanted the United States to win. He agreed and his smile surpised everyone, including me, but yet again I got out of being in trouble. "Mr. Patch-Withers' laughter surprised us all, including himself" (21). Mr. Patch-Withers does not normally laugh at anything so everyone was so stunned when he started to laugh about my clothes. I am a savior because later that day I was talking to Gene and we were on the limb hanging over the water. "... if I had fallen akwardly enough I could have been kiiled. Finny had practically saved my life" (24). i am a savior if I did not save Gene he could have fallen and broken his back or he could have died but I was there and I saved him from what could have been a horrible death.

No comments: