Sunday, March 16, 2008

The Olympics

I woke up one mourning and Gene and I started talking. I was only kidding but I was making fun of Gene's clothes and the lack of maid service in this room. "You don't have to advise like that, we all know you're the worst dressed man in the class" (95). I was telling Gene that he was the worst dressed man in our class but I was only joking around. The Brinker cam into our room and he said to Gene if he was ready to enilst in the army with him. I was very depressed about that because I was not able to enlist because I was no longer able to run because of my leg. Gene decided to say no, he was not going to enlist at all. I was so happy. We began making jokes and I came up with a nick name for Brinker. His nick name was Yellow Peril. I am not really sure why I chose that for him, it just looked liked it fit him as a good nick name. Me and Gene were going to our first class and I told him that winter loves me. He said how did I know that winter loved me. I said because I love winter so it must return the affection. "... I love winter, and when you really love something, then it loves you back, in whatever way it has to love" (103). That quote is explaining that when you really love something then it loves you back in whatever way it can. We made a stop at the gym. I led Gene into the locker room and I asked him what sport is he going to try out for this year. He said that he was not trying out for any sport and he is trying to become the assitant crew manager. I told Gene that there was no war, it was a conspiracy by all the adults. That probably surprised Gene because I was always talking about war and what was going on with the war. I also told Gene that I always wanted to become an Olympic athlete and now that I can not do that I told him that he would have to take my place. I began to train Gene and he began to help me in my classes we both made alot of progress. "Leave your fantasy out of this. We're grooming you for the Olympics, pal, in 1944" (109). That quote is explaining that I am training Gene for the Olympics. I was making Gene run and Mr. Ludsbury came out and I told him that Gene was training for the Olympics. He told me and Gene to do no athletic trainging prior to war and I told him no and he left with out another word. I told Gene that Mr. Ludsbury did not know that there was no real war going on, he must have believed the conspiracy.

No comments: