Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Me

My fell was really bad. I ended up shattering my leg. No one was aloud to see me while I was in the infirmary for so long it was so boring there I had nothing to do. One mourning I was feeling alot better so I told Dr. Stanpole, my doctor, that people could come and see me. Dr. Stanpole told me that I was going to be able to walk agian and I was relieved but then he told me that I would never be able to run and play sports ever again. "Sports are finished for him, after an accident like that. Of course" (55). I asked to see Gene especailly because he is my best friend and I wanted to talk to him. Gene told me that he tries to grab me but I was alittle to far away from his grasp, he watched the shocked expression on my face as I fell. "I just remember looking at your face for a second. Awful..." (57). He aked me what I thought made me fall. I thought to myself and then said "I must have lost my balance. It must have been that..." (58). I did have this feeling that I did not lose my balance, that actually Gene had pushed me off. I did not tell him that and I apoligized for ever having a feeling like that. The next day Dr. Stanpole said I was not well enough to see anyone. The summer session ended and I went home to my house near Boston. Towards the end of the summer Gene suddenly showed up to my house instead of going straight to school. I asked him how his vacation was. He told me of a fire that had happened which sounded bad. He told he that he was thinking alot about me and the accident that had happened. he told me that he shook the branch and deliberitly made me fall. "I deliberately jounced the limb so you would fall off" (62). I did not believe him because why would my best friend do that to me, I would never do anything like that to him. I grew very furious with him, so I just told him that I would be coming back at Thanksgiving.

No comments: