Sunday, March 9, 2008

Gene

We woke up in the mourning and I went swimming. We got back just in time so Gene could take his trigonomotry test which he failed. That was the first test he ever failed. Gene was studying really hard and I simply told him that he was studying to hard. I think he is trying to become class validictorian but he denied it. Then Gene realized he did want to become class validictorian. He asked me how I would fell if he achieved that but i said I did not really care even though I kind of do because then i would beome the best at everything but that really does not matter to me. "If I was head of the class on Graduation Day and made a speech and won the Ne Plus Ultra Scholostic Achievement Citation, then we would both be on top, we would be even, that was all" (43). Gene started to study alot so I started to do alot of studying because I was bored because my best friend was just studying the whole time. Gene told Mr. Prud'homme the substitute teacher that we went to the beach, I could not believe he would do that. It does not matter though because we did not get into any trouble. Leper our friend, wants to jump off the tree to become part of our group. "Elwin "Leper" Lepellier would go down has announced his intention to make his leap this very night, to qualify, to save his face at last" (49). Leper is going to jump from the tree and be part of our group. Gene did not believe me but he came to see for hisself. I decided for me and Gene to do a double jump. we got up on the limb but suddenly something bad happened. "Finny, his balance was gone, swung his head around to look at me for an instant with extreme interest, and then he tumbled sideways, broke through the little branches below and hit the bank with a sickening, unnatural thud" (52). I was standing on the tree and then suddenly I lost my balance some how and I fell sideways really hard and I hit the bank with a loud thud. I was knocked out cold. I have no clue as to what happpened to that limb. I know that gene would never do that to me. so I think that the wind made the limb move and I was really careless and just fell. Luckily I did not die because i really hit the bank hard.

No comments: