Monday, March 17, 2008

The Winter Carnival

One day Gene and I were doing more training for the Olympics. Leper decided that he wanted to enlist in the army to go to the war. That made Gene think that the war is even more unreal to him. Me and Gene stop going to the Butt room because Brinker started telling means jokes about Leper and we did not want to be apart of that. "... since little else was talked about in the Butt Room he sooned stopped going there and stopped me from going as well..." (119). Eventually we stopped hanging out with our other friends which I think is a good thing because now we have alot of time to train for the Olympics. The next day I decided to have a winter carnival. I told every one what to do. Brinker is in charge of bringing the stuff from there dormitory to the carnival. Brinkers roommate Brownie Perkins is in charge of guarding hard cider in the snow. We arranged jumps and other things to do in the snow. Chet Douglass plays music with his trumpet. "The Winter Carnival. The Devon Winter Carnival" (121). That is the carnival that I am going to host and it will be the best carnival ever. I did a strange dance on the prize table with his good leg. Every body had way to much cider and was out of control. Later that day a telegram from Leper comes and it is for Gene. I took the letter, I was completely shocked when I read it. The letter said "I have escaped and need help. I am at Christmas Location. You understand. No need to risk address here. My safety depends on you coming at once..." (129). Leper is gone and Gene has to find him and I can not believe that Leper escaped.

No comments: